HOW DO I BUY YOUR PHOTOS?
Just like any other online store, you’ll choose the items you want, they will go into your cart and you’ll proceed to check out. You’ll be prompted to make your payment through PayPal. After your payment is complete click “Return to Merchant” and your downloads will be available on the far right under the “DOWNLOAD” column. Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any trouble completing your purchase.
WHAT FORMAT ARE THE PHOTOS IN?
The downloadable files are high quality JPEG files suitable to print or use on screen.
WHAT CAN I USE THE PHOTOS FOR?
The photos are intended for use as reference photos to create traditional works of art. You may render them exactly as they are or use them as a starting point to interpret any way you see fit
CAN I SELL THE ARTWORK I CREATE FROM THE PHOTOS I BUY?
Absolutely! By purchasing the photos you are securing a license that gives you the rights to sell the work you create from the photo.
CAN I SELL REPRODUCTIONS OF THE ARTWORK I CREATE FROM THE PHOTOS I BUY?
Yes, so long as the original creation follows the purchase agreement. (see below)
DO YOU OFFER REFUNDS?
No, you are purchasing a digital item that can not be returned.
DO I HAVE TO CITE YOU AS THE PHOTOGRAPHER WHEN I DISPLAY OR POST MY WORK TO SOCIAL MEDIA?
No, although credit is always appreciated, it is certainly not a requirement.
WHAT DOES “ROYALTY FREE” MEAN?
You can use any photo you purchase multiple times without having to pay for each usage.
DO YOU OFFER EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS TO PHOTOS OR TAKE SPECIAL REQUESTS?
At this time the photos are available to anyone who would like to purchase them. In the future I hope to expand to offer special requests and individual agreements for licensing.
The images on this website are for use by artists needing high quality reference material. If you’d like to use images for any other purposes, please contact me to discuss.
By purchasing and/or downloading images from this website, you hereby understand, acknowledge, and agree that:
1. Ownership and copyright of all images is retained by Equine Art and Photography by Jessie Willyerd
2. You are granted a royalty free license to use the images as reference for creating original works of art.
3. In this context a “work of art” is defined as:
3.1 An original two-dimensional or three-dimensional creation using traditional artist tools and materials. (For example: graphite, paint, charcoal, pastels, clay etc.)
3.2 A new work, starting with a blank virtual canvas, created using painting techniques in similar fashion to non-digital paintings, but using a virtual canvas and virtual painting tools.
4. For purposes of this agreement, a “work of art” does NOT include digital manipulation using photo editing software to alter the original image to make it look like a painting. However, you can edit the photo in photo editing software in order to adjust lighting/color before you derive your original creation from it.
5. You may sell any original works or reproductions of orignal works of art as defined in line 3 above.
6. You may enter any artwork created from purchased images in art competitions.
7. You may make copies of downloaded images for yourself.
8. You may not use downloaded images for the following:
– virtual publications (blogs, apps, websites etc.)
– Printed media (books, magazines, cards etc.)
– Tutorials or videos
– Printing on promotional products or resale (t-shirts, hats, bags, etc)
– Printing on paper, canvas or other material for resale
– Creation of logos, composites, or derivative images
9. You may not resell, give away, exchange, share or otherwise distribute any images you download. If you have any questions please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
My name is Jessie Willyerd and I’m an artist specializing in the Equine form. I work in many mediums including acrylic, oil, watercolor, pastel, and photography.
I’ve been crazy about horses my whole life. I spent much of my childhood with either a Breyer horse or a pencil in my hands. I never outgrew my love for horses so they’ve become my greatest teachers and have certainly guided me along my path.
I have many experiences behind me now, from gentling wild horses to teaching art at the Elementary level (Guess which one was more challenging!) I’ve come to realize that my heart will always call me back to what I love and I am enjoying the ride along the way.
When I first became serious about pursuing art full time, I knew that I wanted to create from my own reference photos. I have been photographing horses since 2001 (back when film was a thing!) My equipment received a major upgrade in 2016 and I’ve spent the last 3 years developing and growing my reference library.
I created this site in order to provide easy access to affordable reference photos for equestrian artists. I look forward to inspiring those who inspire me.